: include_once(..\left.php) [function.include-once
]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/38/7187038/html/jnkvv-veg/english/nursery.php
on line 101
: include_once() [function.include
]: Failed opening '..\left.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/38/7187038/html/jnkvv-veg/english/nursery.php
on line 101
|Nursery Management of Chilli
|Nursery Bed Preparation
Disease Free Nursery Raising
- The soil should be dry and ploughed thoroughly to bring fine tilth.
- The size of the nursery to raise seedlings for planting a hectare of chilli would be 180 m x 1.2 m (divided into 3 m x 1.2 m smaller beds).
- One cartload of well rotten powdered FYM or sieved compost should be spread and 1 kg of super phosphate is mixed thoroughly with the soil.
- Aldrin or Dialdrin wettable powder 30 gm per bed should be applied to keep away the white ants.
- The bed usually kept raised about 15 cm. high so as to provide proper drainage of excess water.
- One week before sowing the soil should be sterilized by drenching with commercial formal in (formaldehyde 40%) at 1:100 dilution at the rate of 5 liter per sq/meter against damping off disease.
- Healthy seed should be selected for sowing.
- The seed should be treated with Thiram @ 2g/kg of seed before sowing.
- Continuous raising of nursery in the same plot should be avoided.
- The top soil of nursery should be treated with Thiram @ 5g/m area of the soil and nursery should be drenched with the same chemical @ 2g/litre of water at fortnight interval.
- Soil solarization by spreading 250 gauge polythene sheet over the bed for 30 days before sowing in summer season should be done.
- Application of bio-control agent Trichoderma viride in soil @ 1.2kg/ha is also found effective to control damping-off to considerable extent.
- August is the best time for planting and the next best month is September.
- August planting gives maximum plant spread, plant height and yield